Saturday, September 19, 2009

Miss I-Hate-Contests

Do you like contests?  I never have.  I suppose my dislike is more laziness than anything else.  Fill out an extra form?  No thanks.  I'm too busy.  When a blogger posts something about a contest, I pass that post right by.    That's just me.

At the library last week we placed our sixty items on the counter.  The librarian--in love with us because we boost their circulation numbers--told me about their drawing for back-to-school supplies.  All we had to do was put our name and phone number on one little piece of paper for every five items checked out. The boys were with me and there was no way out of it.  Miss No Fun--aka Momma--dutifully prepared the little papers so the boys could fold them and place them in the contest jar.  Understanding probability well enough to surmise that we just might win, they couldn't get it out of their minds, at least for a few days.  Then they forgot.

Fast forward one week.  I get a call from the nice librarian.  Seems they drew out our name.

Guess who jumped the highest?  Miss I-Hate-Contests did!  See, I've never won anything before.  How 'bout that?  Cool, huh?