Thursday, December 4, 2008

Today's Appt.

I arrived home from my doctor's appointment today to find my two sweet boys at the door, waiting for the van to show up, with smiles and animated waves. Moments like those really melt my heart! I'm not very good at pregnancy, but I sure enjoy the fruits of my labor!

Speaking of labor, I'm 3 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. Yeah! Anna Grace's nonstress test was nicely reactive, but the blood pressure numbers are up, regardless of how long I'm staying down. He talked about another biophysical profile on Monday, followed by an induction on Wednesday (38 weeks, 5 days). I told him I kind of felt like a ticking time bomb regarding possible preeclampsia developing, and I expressed concern about the rising blood pressure numbers (wanting him to order an induction today, perhaps). He listened to me and recommended I increase my morning blood pressure dose, and he ordered another blood panel to check for changes indicative of preeclampsia. One can have it without protein in the urine, so I don't like that being the only sign he's looking at. I do feel better about having an update on the PIH blood work, which should be available tomorrow.

Of course, there is a good chance I will go into labor on my own soon. Three centimeters is quite a bit, and the contractions keep coming. Next Wednesday seems like such a long, long time! But at least, knowing ahead of time, I can easily set up childcare for the labor, and Don's boss can prepare for him to be off several days.

No comments: