Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Heartache

My honey and boys are in Florida, safe and sound. Today was a whirlwind of packing and attending to details. Emily and I drove them to the airport and returned at 4pm. We've only been without them for eight hours. Still, I miss the noise, the exuberance, the hugs, the cuddles, the giggles, the crazy games - the LIFE those boys exude.

What's wrong with me? I should be rejoicing at the opportunity to think straight, have migraine-free days, finish a task, maybe even have a clean house, or tidy cupboards. But, instead, my heart aches. I'm unproductive. Emily is beside herself. I put her down at 7:30 pm, she awoke at 9 pm. I nursed her down, and now, at 10:35, I hear her again. She is working on two molars and two incisors, but something tells me she is also heartsick. She worships her brothers, especially Daniel. And loves her Daddy to pieces. It might be a long week.

Did I mention I love being a mom? It's a crazy, imperfect ride, but boy am I smitten. My relationship with God anchors me, fills me with peace, gives me purpose. But being a mommy completes me. God, thank you! Bring my three boys back safe and sound on Friday. I trust you, but I know the sharp turns life can take. Bring them back. Please.

No comments: