Thursday, November 5, 2009

Perspective on Parenting

I just quickly browsed an article detailing that authorities found the baby who was recently reported missing.  She was hidden under a bed in the couple's home--doing well, despite having been there for five days.  A miracle.  Officers and their wives were so relieved that they all cried, upon hearing the good news.

It appears the perpetrators probably murdered another child ten years earlier, and also severely abused a daughter, who was subsequently taken away from them.  The child missing for 10 years was never found, and no one was indicted.

Suddenly, allowing my kids too much Trick R Treat candy doesn't seem like bad parenting.  Either does having "game day" instead of regular school.  And it really wasn't so awful that I skipped their baths last night, having reached my maximum stress level before bath time.

I'm not patting myself on the back or anything.  Just thanking God, and realizing that my kids are well loved.