Sunday, October 18, 2009

Down

When Momma takes care of four sick kids, night after night, there are consequences--like a weakened immune system.  By the time I fell sick, my body was already depleted.  Quickly, a sinus infection took root.  I tried to handle the pain, but after three days, I made my way to the emergency room, ready to beg for pain relief.

But lo and behold, I didn't have to beg.  I must have looked so terrible, the nice doctor actually asked if I wanted something stronger for the pain.   With a prescription for an antibiotic and for Darvocet, I made my way to the pharmacy.  Thankfully, I only needed the pain drug for about the next twenty-hour hours.

Five days later, I still feel like I'm recovering from a surgery or something.  Bacterial infections wipe you out like nothing else.  Poor Anna Grace also has a sinus infection, so both of us are a couple of weaklings right now.

Hopefully, regular blogging can resume soon.

Have a nice Sunday!  Try to stay well.  Run your humidifiers at the first sign of a cold, or all the time during the heating season--even in the adult bedroom.  Manage the congestion early!  Don't make the same mistake I did!