Monday, October 5, 2009

doggy daycare

Late this afternoon Daniel and Timothy decided to take two stuffed dogs and put leashes around them (white string).  I guess they're desperate for "real" pets?  The salamander (as big as my index finger), toad, frog, water snail, and caterpillars don't count, I suppose?

Timothy:  "Daniel, if we're going to take care of dogs, then we'll have to have a schedule."

Timothy:  (A few minutes later) "Mommy, I need you to make me a chart on this piece of paper.  I need to write a schedule that goes from 6 to 9:30.  I just want the o'clocks and the thirties."

So Momma, much amused, took a ruler and wrote out one-inch lines for all the :00 (o'clocks) and the :30 (thirties), spanning from 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., using both sides of a piece of construction paper.

I then dressed the girls for outdoor play and headed to the backyard.  Timothy, wanting help with spelling for his schedule, accompanied us and sat at a picnic table, sounding out his words and slaving away on this schedule.  I could tell he got this idea from the schedule I have posted in the hallway, which goes from 6 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

The whole time he worked (about 35 minutes), I marveled at his attention span! He's not six until next month!

Here is his masterpiece.  I have half a mind to frame it.  Yes, I find it that adorable.  You have to imagine his work, painstakingly written in mixed lower and upper-case letters, with some letters backwards.  Just adorable.   During the afternoon part of the schedule he ran out of ideas, I suspect.  He told me that dogs need a lot of playtime and naptime.  :)

make bed
dressed
breakfast
walk
play
trick
spin
jump
lunch
nap
snack
tv
play
play
play
nap
play
nap
nap
nap
play
snack
play
play
nap
play
eta (eat)
but (bath)
slep(sleep)