Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Planning for the Next Year

A number of homeschooling moms are working on organization for the new school year, and for their homes. Same thing over here. I'm praying about and researching all these same huge issues. I came across a post on the Snail blog about this very thing. Boy, I'm telling ya--you've got to read this woman's account of her struggle to manage the home. Made me want to kiss her, I tell ya. You mean I'm not the only lame woman with a house that is NEVER tidy? That is, unless someone is coming to dinner, and I've ignored the kids and terrorized the family in my mad dash to make something disgusting into something warm and inviting?

She also gives a fantastic review of a very comprehensive planner, which includes monthly menus.


The Snail's Trail: TOS Homeschool Crew Review: 2009 Schoolhouse Planner


Another good homeschooling idea has to do with workboxes, which you can read about here, at the Life of a Dairy Queen blog.

Another post about home management, in relation to the home triggers that threaten to do us in, can be found here, at the Memoria Arts blog.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

"That is, unless someone is coming to dinner, and I've ignored the kids and terrorized the family in my mad dash to make something disgusting into something warm and inviting?"

LOL, and I thought I was the only one who did this.

DairyQueen said...

I loved Momma Snail's review of the planner too! I love her honesty about her home management! I am SO just like her :)

Thanks for mentioning my workbox posts too :)

I'm going to check out the other link!

kw said...

Here is a secret of mine. We have a couple of the largest rubbermaid containers you can find. When we hear someone is on their way over, we run through the house, throw stuff in it, and shove it in the closet. Shhh...don't tell my mom. That would keel her over!

Thanks for the sweet words. I love your blog!