Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ode to the Messes

Every time someone spilled something today, I rolled my eyes as usual, but then I stopped short. I remembered to COAT IT IN JOY! I raised my hands to the Lord, and belted out a little made-up song:

"Count it all joy joy joy!
That life is so messy, messy, messy!
Dance in the mess!
Praise the mess!
Jump in the mess!
Oh, yeah!
Sing with me now!
Count it all joy, joy, joy!
That life is so messy, messy, messy!
Oh, yeah!"

You know, I actually felt very joyful after singing it about three times. My family didn't know what to think at first, but then they giggled. Or at least, the kids did. Emily Rose kept singing "joy, joy, joy" the rest of the day.

Daddy looked at me like it had finally happened. His somber face said, "She's flipped! I knew we shouldn't have had four kids! Now what am I going to do?"

He'll come around. He isn't prone to silliness, but the sight of our two-year-old running all over the house, raising up her hands, and singing "Joy, joy, joy"....well...that'll put anyone in a good mood.

So go ahead, do it at your house! Sing a joyful sung unto the messes!

No comments: