Friday, May 29, 2009

Inspiration from a Veteran

For whatever frustrating reason, I could not get back into the post shown below for editing purposes. It includes an article about George W. Bush speaking at a high-school graduation, and discussing the story of one Iraqi Veteran who showed up at the White House to go running with the President. This was after Bush had visited him in the hospital, telling him that one day, despite losing both legs, he would get out of bed one day and be able to run.

I wasn't able to get in to erase all the links and other stuff and just post the article. You have to scroll down a bit to get to the article. Sorry about that. I also couldn't fix spelling errors and check on my terrible extra-comma habit.

2 comments:

9ndhouse- Katie said...

No, problem. I'm on the count down to no computer and I enjoyed the reading! These posts on your blog are the only political news I've even bothered to read in a long while! Very uplifting!
Thanks :-)

oh btw, I'm a comma-aholic too!

Jess said...

oh miss pam...i just about died laughing when i read your post about emily's 'thank you'. you brave, brave soul! kids sure do say the darndest things, don't they? (as usual i am not in sync with your post, but had to comment. hope you'll forgive me!)

all the memories we are storing up...and the blackmail for when they get to the teenage years and beyond :) have a wonderful weekend