Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer

I went to the thrift store during Emily's nap today. Don covered things around here, but apparently the boys were too high-energy for the house; he sent them out in the rain. Yeah - sometimes we're that desperate. We draw the line at lightening and thunder, and so do they. They still aren't used to the frightening sounds of a Midwestern thunder storm.

Well, those boys were like Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer out there - wild and free. There was jumping in puddles, kicking up of mud, howling, laughing, and all manner of mischief.

Then they came to the door.

Mommy: "Oh, my! Oh, my goodness. Oh, no. Don't touch anything!"

Boys: "I think we need a shower!" (laughing)

The mud was so all encompassing, even their hair and hats were covered! Of course they were standing there with the biggest grins! I should have taken a picture, but I was too overwhelmed. Sometimes when we moms take pictures of mischief, our kiddos think we rather like it, ya know? If we're too amused, they might do it again the next day. "Hey! Let's keep Mom entertained!"

Before I get back to rinsing out their clothes (next time they're doing it), I'll leave you with a journal entry. Anyone recognize this?

Baa Baa Blak Shep
hav you ine wool
yes srr yes srr
fre Bags fol
oan fur miy mastor
oan frr my Dam
oan frr The
litl boy hoo livs
down The lan
Baa Baa Blak Sep
hav you ene wool
yes srr yes srr
thre bags fol

No comments: