Sunday, February 15, 2009

Annoying Drippy Faucet

We're in the midst of a 48 hour intense colic segment. For several hours yesterday Anna Grace was inconsolable; during the past two nights I've only clocked three hours of broken sleep. I gave up chocolate and bean soup, in case those were culprits, but the experts say colic is rarely caused by the mother's diet.

I've learned that when sleep is this scarce, the best thing I can do as a parent is just keep my mouth shut. Otherwise, I sound like an annoying drippy faucet. Clenching my teeth, I keep whispering to myself, "This too shall pass. This too shall pass. This too shall pass."

2 comments:

Steph said...

That's so hard...I'm thinking of you all!

Jess said...

wish i lived closer to give you even a half hour respite! have your beloved pick you up a pair of ear plugs to help your sanity when the crying is at its worst. i just threw that out there... not sure if it would help. i am praying for it to pass and some decent sleep to come your way!