Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We Did It!

Yesterday was my father's 70th birthday. I wanted to make him a pineapple upside-down cake and have the boys paint him birthday cards. Once again, a kind deed didn't get done. Anna Grace had too many crying jags. I called him and told him we would definitely get it done and bring them over today. Well, by ten o'clock this morning it wasn't looking good. Then it dawned on me that Anna was over six weeks old, so I could probably safely introduce a pacifier without nipple confusion, and start using our baby swing. And alas! The laundry still litters my couch, but by golly, Grandpa is going to get his cake and birthday cards! The cake is cooling as we speak.

Now, if I can only get it into the van without slipping on the ice that used to be our driveway! lol We're supposed to get another five inches tonight. I think we're the only family in the neighborhood who still hasn't had time to shovel our driveway. As Jess says about the laundry, someday we'll catch up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't had pineapple upside down cake in YEARS!!! I could eat some of that right now!LOL