Saturday, January 3, 2009

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!

I think the good times are gonna roll! Anna Grace nursed like a champ today, with greater energy and speed, while still relaxing. I looked down on her sweet face as she nursed this evening, and some of the turmoil of the last four weeks flashed past my consciousness. How in the world did I get through it, I wondered? The relief of it finally ending washed over me, and the tears started to gush. How is it that we can weather so much, and only fall apart when it's over? Thankfulness overwhelmed me, for the grace of God, and for my husband, who definitely had his finest hours as a husband and father during these angst-filled nursing weeks. He came to sit down beside me and I told him that I couldn't have done it without him, and that I would always be grateful for his loving, enduring support. His main love language is not words, but rather physical touch. Nevertheless, I think he appreciated my tearful thanks. Really, I am so thankful I have the urge to climb a high mountain and shout out to the world how wonderful my husband and my God are. Guess I'll have to settle for shouting it out to blog world. I LOVE MY HUSBAND! HE ROCKS! AND MY GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!

2 comments:

Jess said...

rejoicing with you! congratulations on a wonderful day of feeding! isn't God good to give us our hearts desire? and not only that but a good husband to weather the not so good days? i hope you have some peace of mind and heart...and joy :)

Evenspor said...

Hooray! Congratulations. You are so amazing for having stuck through it all.