Sunday, December 14, 2008

Anna Grace's First Pictures

I didn't want to get her in the eye with the flash, so these are the best we have right now. I'll get a lot more now that the incision is less sore and I'm up more often than not. That is my Aunt Dorothy in two of the pictures (my Mom's sister). Dorothy is helping Emily hold Anna Grace, while Emily strokes her sister softly. Emily seems to have some instinct as to the gentleness required. No jealousy has been seen so far. I'm sure it will come when Daddy goes back to work. Right now, Emily is really enjoying her extra time with Daddy.

Anna is my only brunette, and my only newborn with hair. The others were all very slow to grow any hair, prompting people to constantly ask if my baby was a boy or a girl. I'm sure I'll still get those questions, but hopefully less of them.

She's been doing very well today with the latch. I've learned how to pull down her chin myself, so successful latches are coming within ten minutes. I'll still see the lactation consultant though, to get more ideas. Having to pull her chin means I can't do my favorite holds.





1 comment:

Evenspor said...

Cute! I am glad you are figuring the nursing out. I am sure she will get the hang of opening her own mouth side soon enough.