Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rockin' Out

On the way home from church we had an awesome time. First, a fox appeared on the side of the road. I slowed down and Daniel got a very good look, but not Timothy. I turned around and we all saw it again, but this time the view was even better! Thankfully, no cars were coming up behind me. We were able to linger and count ourselves blessed to be seeing the little guy. According to the way fairy tales make them out, you'd think they were quite big and menacing, but the real thing is cute and always frightened looking.

Next, a high-energy Christian rock song played on the radio - "In My Father's House", by Richie Furay. It's one of my favorites and I always turn it way up. We had a ball, singing and dancing to the jazzy, upbeat lyrics.

It's about Heaven. I don't know if we can really play football up there in a big, big yard, but it sounds kind of cool, no? This particular song always brings up a lot of earnest questions about what we can and can't do up in Heaven, as well as what foods and toys are available. lol My usual answer is that I'm not exactly sure, but my feeling from the Bible is that Heaven is everything you would imagine or want, and more. So if you want chocolate cake, it's there waiting. If you want to play trains, you'll have lots of other train enthusiasts who would love to join you. If you want God to go hiking and leaf collecting with you, it will happen. It's just...Heaven!

Lyrics - You have to imagine a really rockin' tune going along with these words.

Big house

I dont know where you lay your head
Or where you call your home
I dont know where you eat your meals
Or where you talk on the phone
I dont know if you got a cook
A butler or a maid
I dont know if you got a yard
With a hammock in the shade

I dont know if you got some shelter
Say a place to hide
I dont know if you live with friends
In whom you can confide
I dont know if you got a family
Say a mom or dad
I dont know if you feel love at all
But I bet you wish you had

Pre-chorus
Come and go with me
To my fathers house
Come and go with me
To my fathers house

Chorus
Its a big big house
With lots and lots a room
A big big table
With lots and lots of food
A big big yard
Where we can play football
A big big house
Its my fathers house

Ibidibidee bop bop bow whew! yeah!

All I know is a big ole house
With rooms for everyone
All I know is lots a land
Where we can play and run
All I know is you need love
And Ive got a family
All I know is your all alone
So why not come with me?


Anyway, what an awesome drive home. What a way to punctuate an awesome time with the Lord at church! These times don't come by accident. Thanks, God!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Sounds like you're having fun as well. I bet that baby you're carrying is enjoying the massage of your laughter.