Monday, August 18, 2008

Sinking into Grief

I'm sinking. Further and further into grief. Oh, God! I didn't want this! Didn't bargain for this! Been down this dark road. Don't want this revisiting. I can't hear my children or my husband. My mind is elsewhere. I can't remember what task I was about.

I know what this is. It's part of God's provision for Noah's Mommy and Daddy. That tens of thousands will grieve with them. That the prayers will impact them. Pull them out of dark alleys, dark days. A prayer for a smile will suddenly bring them a funny riddle. A prayer for hope will suddenly bring them a glimpse of future joy. A prayer for comfort will suddenly bring them enveloping arms. It works! I've felt the prayers of others. Actually felt them! God sees and hears the need, and puts it on the heart of others, who then pray the right prayer at the right time. It's the power of God.

So this sinking must be. I must let it happen.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I had this experience when a friend's baby died when Athena was about 6 weeks old.

I wonder a little if we can absorb some of another person's burden of grief, by grieving for them.

Don't let it make you afraid. I will be praying for you.