Friday, March 28, 2008

In Seventeen Years

In seventeen years I will have more time.

-My kitchen counter will always be free of clutter.
-My closets will no longer be overflowing and messy.
-My floors will stay clean longer.
-My couch will be free of unfolded laundry.
-Meals will be well-planned and varied and delicious.
-I will write thank you notes within a week.
-Gifts will be purchased, wrapped and ready to ship ahead of time.
-I will exercise daily.
-My hair will be cut every six weeks.
-I will wear varied and stylish attire.
-I will be well-rested, well-nourished, well-hydrated and relaxed.
-I will have leisure time to spend with my husband.

And in seventeen years my children will be gone, and I'll wish they weren't.

Dear God,

Help me to dwell on what I can accomplish, and not what I can't.
Help me to embrace noise, chaos, mud, crumbs, bathroom floors wet from splashy baths, glue messes, fingerprinted-windows, and sleepless nights. Help me to grasp and embrace what is most important in every moment. Help me. In seventeen years, I want no regrets.

1 comment:

Andrea Frazer said...

Wow, I just read about this same thing at steph's blog. I'm in the same boat also.

It will get better. Promise.